Solid foods here we come!
Daisy is well on her way to eating solids. I started giving her some finger foods and within a few days she has started doing a great job feeding herself. She really enjoys being able to do it on her own.
BRACES!
Frances and Gerrilyn were the lucky winners of full sets of braces. The first couple days were quite painful for them but things are getting better. Here are some before and after pictures.
Rock 'n' Roll Seattle
I ran my first ever half marathon on Saturday. I was very nervous leading up to the big day but with a lot of support from Paul and my running club, I was able to relax and enjoy the race. I finished the race in 2:25:17. I was happy with my time and now have a goal of what to beat next time. I did the race barefoot, of course received a lot of comments, but honestly it worked out great for me.
Stroller Strides running club race morning before we started.
Just before I crossed the finish line. Picture was taken by Frances. I was so excited to see Paul and all the girls cheering me on just before I finished. Thank you all!
Picture of my feet just before I cleaned up. Considering they just went 13.1 miles barefoot I am thinking they look pretty good. Some might disagree!
Strawberry Picking
To finish the weekend off we decided to go pick strawberries from a small farm in Carnation on Sunday. Lillian thought picking was fun for a few minutes then she was ready to walk around, find some mud puddles and just hang around. Fortunately Paul, Frances and Gerrilyn were able to do a lot of picking. We came home with 30 pounds of berries. They have all been cleaned and either frozen or turned into Strawberry Jam. Thank you Paul for all your hard work!
No comments:
Post a Comment